The Athame's Edge Outer Spiral
The Athame's Edge offers a comprehensive course of study that covers many basic topics, as well as some more advanced ones. Below is an overview of our Outer Spiral Curriculum:
- Wiccan ethics and morality as a guide for daily living.
- Grounding, centering, and meditation techniques.
- Energy and magic -- what they are, how we access them.
- Gods, Goddesses, and the Divine -- Wicca's multiple viewpoints and widely varied beliefs.
- The holidays, symbols and tools of Wiccan religious practice: the Wheel of the Year, the Elements, the Altar.
- Creating rituals and casting circles.
- The history of modern Wicca, from its beginnings in the 1940s and '50s to its evolving practice today.
- How to evaluate the glut of available information about Wicca online and in print -- and how to spot misinformation.
Students are expected to do a fair amount of reading and research, as well as thinking and writing, about each topic. We offer as much guidance and assistance as we can, but ultimately, you will take from our curriculum as much as you put into it. If you are ready and willing to devote time and energy to your spiritual learning and growth, then you may be a good candidate for our Outer Spiral.
If you would like to apply for membership in our Outer Spiral, please click the "Outer Spiral Application" link at the top of the page, and follow the instructions therein.
Should our membership committee accept you as a student, you will be given access to our first-level curriculum, as well as the guidance of a mentor. Once you complete the first level of instruction, if you express a desire to dedicate yourself to further study and service, you may be invited to apply for initiation into the Athame's Edge coven.